Fostering to Adopt During COVID-19
We Ask You To Help! Foster or Foster to Adopt so we have room to help more!
Feline (Cats) Adoption Forms and Package
Canine (Dogs) Adoption Forms and Package
Rabbit, small animal Adoption Forms and Package
Barn Buddy Adoption Forms and Package
Adopting a Pet is now Virtual
Foster-to-Adopt First for 2 weeks
As we follow all government and Shelter Care Guidelines we will be Adopting "Virtually" (maybe our new normal)
From this page or www.petango.com/SimcoeDHumane you will:
- "click" on the pet that you are interested in.
- You will start the Adoption Process by clicking the link
- Please follow up with an email to email@example.com and let us know you have sent in your application, also let us know the animal you are interested in
- A volunteer will be in touch to go through the Foster-To-Adopt program, discuss your home and family setting and set up the arrangements for "PickUp" of your new furry friend.
For the first 2 weeks you will be "Fostering-To-Adopt"
If all the "Foster Parent" "Foster Pet" and the Volunteers at the Humane Society are happy with the placement, your adoption will be processed. By Email (snail mail if you don't have email) you will be sent your adoption contract, information on a Gift of Insurance, Microchip Registration info and a copy of the pet's Health Record.
Our new pet parents and our pets are important and we want to make sure everything is just right!
Simcoe and District Humane Society is a non-profit, charitable organization Chartered in 1953, Performing Animal Welfare Services in and around Norfolk County since the early 1950's.
The Society is funded by fundraising efforts and donations from the community and relies solely on volunteers to work with the animals and raise the money for their care.
Please, we want you to understand that we have not stopped working during COVID-19 and have learned a lot in a different way of sheltering.
We will slowly open up more days and hours, but we ask that you don't come inside unless invited. We will do our best to facilitate the purr-fect adoption of your new fur-ever friend
Please bring a proper carrier with you to take your new furry friend home!
Donate today ... www.paypal.me/sdhs
Charitable Organization #: 119150282RR0001
Visit our Foster or Foster-To-Adopt Pets
Adoptable After this period
Keeping in line with mandated self-isolation, 6' between each person, and to limit touching articles. Don't forget, during this period, we will only be "Fostering To Adopt".
At this time we do not have any animals in stores, and our foster homes are in keeping safe as per government guidelines, as we all are.
Our adoptions are limited to our daily Virtual Foster-To-Adopt program or our planned Foster-To-Adopt Events. Pick up of the animals will be from the SimcoeDHumane Society Shelter.
Thank you for understanding!
Please Open your Heart and Home or make a donation to help the animals!
It Takes a Village .....
Thank you, God Bless and please Stay Safe!
Our Foster Homes and volunteers always enjoy showing off their special friends!
Things you should know (please read our Pre-adoption Information):
- If you are visiting one of our animals at a store or an event, you are still adopting pets from Simcoe and District Humane Society. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 519-428-9161 if you have any question about health records, previous conditions, or concerns.
- Most of our adoptable cats are eating Royal Canin foods which can be purchased at the store
- Most of our cats are using NON-Clumping, UNSCENTED litter and should remain on such until they are at least 1 year old or for at least 3 months after adoption for adult cats.
- Please allow time to fill out our application online as it may take up to 1/2 hour.
- You will receive an email or phone call from SimcoeDHumane Society staff to go through your application and you may ask any questions regarding the pet's health, personality microchip registration and trial of insurance. This may take a few days to complete as staff and volunteers are working 1 in the office at a time and some are working from home
- You must have a carrier to take your new furry friend home.
- We ask that you take your new furry friend to your Veterinary Clinic within 48-72 hours of adoption (2-4 weeks after the foster-to-adopt is finished). During the Foster to adopt program, animals are looked after by the shelter and by the time they are adoptable All animals are deemed healthy and ready to be released.
- SDHS cannot be responsible for conditions such as Upper Respiratory after they leave the shelter.
- Please check agreement if they need continuing care for a medical condition such as special food for history of UTI or Digestive upset.
CLICK HERE to view our Foster-To-Adopt Available Animals
Note: At this time our animals will only be available for pick up at the shelter 24 Grigg Drive Simcoe during the COVID-19 period.
Donations may still be left for our shelter at the following locations:
- PetValu -160 Queensway East, Simcoe, ON, N3Y 2X3 Ph: (519)426-3709
- Ruffin's Pet Centre - 140 Queensway E, Simcoe ON N3Y 4Y7 519-426-7441
- PetSmart - 1779 Stone Church Road East, Stoney Creek ON L8J 0B4 Ph: (905) 578-1428
- PetSmart - 14 Martindale Crescent, Ancaster, ON L9K 1J9 Ph: (905) 648-9600
- PetSmart - 507 Lakeshore Rd E Mississauga, ON L5G 1H9 Ph: (905) 278-0101
Adoption Prices: (Our Adoption prices have not changed since 2014 but out cost of care has tripled with a drop in donations and fundraising efforts due to COVID-19.
As of June 10 2021Our adoption prices have increased.
(There may be future Adoption Price increases as we integrate food delivery and other services to benefit all involved, including the adopted pet and the adopters)
(All animals are health-checked, dewormed, flea treated, microchipped and vaccinated to date.
Kittens under 1 year Price $150.00 (spayed/neutered)
Cats over 1 year Price $85.00 - (spayed/neutered)
Puppies under 1 year $425.00 (spayed/neutered)
Dogs over 1 year $300.00 - (spayed/neutered)
Bunnies under 6 months $100.00 (spayed or neutered)
- Rabbits over 6 months $75.00 (spayed or neutered)
- Small Animals, Birds and large Animals (ask a volunteer)
Check back for Adopt-a-thon specials
Please bring a proper carrier, leash or cage with you to take your new furry friend home!
Pay for your adoption by e-transfer email@example.com
Adoptable Cats ~ Females
Adoptable Cats ~ Male
Available "Barn Buddies - Working Cats"
Click Here for our Barn Buddy Adoption Package and Downloadable Pre-Adoption Questionnaire
Adoptable Dogs ~ Females
Adoptable Dogs ~ Male
Adoptable Rabbits portion is not working properly please CLICK HERE to view the many rabbits in care of SimcoeDHumane and ready for Foster2Adopt program.
Please open your heart and home to a bunny who will keep you "Hoppping"!