Who to Call when you ...
- Find a stray dog or dogs running at large (this includes sick, injured) ~ Call Hillside Kennels 519-469-3247
- Come across Wildlife (Sick/Injured/distressed)
- Click Here to find a WildLife Rehabilitator
- Orphaned Wildlife Call BryDen's Den 519-429-3585
- Note: Simcoe and District Humane Society, WildLife Rehabilitators are not contracted to pick up or remove sick and dying raccoons, skunks etc. from your property.
- Have a complaint about Barking dogs, loose cats damaging gardens, or other "nuisance animals" ~ Call Norfolk County By-law 519-426-5870 ext 6015
- Find a Stray, Abandoned, Injured Cats? IT COULD BE SOMEONE'S PET! SimcoeDHumane or your local vet can help check for a chip or tattoo!
Norfolk County does not yet contract Animal Services for Cats or kittens. There are a number of Non-Profit, Volunteer organizations that may be able to help, however, most are limited in space as there are many cats looking for help.
- CLICK HERE To Report a Lost or Found Animal to SimcoeDHumane or to see if your animal has been reported or brought into the care of the Society
- Call SimcoeDHumane 519-428-9161 to see if there is room
- For Emergency situations please call 519-428-9161 press 2 to reach a volunteer (usually this call is answered anytime so please make sure it is an emergency especially during the nighttime hours)
- Spay/Neuter Programs to help Low-Income Families and Seniors
- SimcoeDHumane tries to help! When there's room will keep you posted
- CLICK HERE for more information on Clinics held by SimcoeDHumane
- Cruelty Calls ...
- Cruelty to any animal is not tolerated in Ontario. If you think an animal is in distress or is being abused, call: 1-833-9-ANIMAL (264625).
- LEARN MORE: https://www.mcscs.jus.gov.on.ca/english/AnimalWelfare/paws.html
- If you find an animal in Immediate Distress call the OPP 1 888 310-1122
- Have you found a deceased pet in your yard or on the road? It may be someone's pet! Vets and or SimcoeDHumane may be able to locate the owner by microchip ... please call ahead but yes, even if the animal is deceased it may have a chip and the owner may be located.
- Please remember that even if the animal is deceased, it cost SimcoeDHumane money to help ~ Your donation is so important to help the Society Help ALL animals!
© Copyright Simcoe and District Humane Society