Who to Call when you ...
- Find a stray dog or dogs running at large (this includes sick, injured) ~ Call Hillside Kennels 519-469-3247
- Come across Wildlife (Sick/Injured/distressed)
- Note: Simcoe and District Humane Society, WildLife Rehabilitators are not contracted to pick up or remove sick and dying raccoons, skunks etc. from your property. If you have a nuisance wild animal please call a local pest control company.
- Have a complaint about Barking dogs, loose cats damaging gardens, or other "nuisance animals" ~ Call Norfolk County By-law 519-426-5870 ext 6015
- Find a Stray, Abandoned, Injured Cats? IT COULD BE SOMEONE'S PET! SimcoeDHumane or your local vet can help check for a chip or tattoo!
- Find a Feral Cat - one that is not social, cannot be housed, will harm people or other animals, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for information on our TNR programs (yes, there is a cost) or another organization that may be able to help.
Norfolk County does not yet contract Animal Services for Cats, kittens or wildlife. There are a number of Non-Profit, Volunteer organizations that may be able to help, however, most are limited in space as there are many cats looking for help.
Please sign the petition to asking Norfolk County to perform Animal Services to Help ALL Animals
- CLICK HERE To Report a Lost or Found Animal to SimcoeDHumane or to see if your animal has been reported or brought into the care of the Society
- Call SimcoeDHumane 519-428-9161 to see if there is room
- For Emergency situations please call 519-428-9161 press 2 to reach a volunteer (usually this call is answered anytime so please make sure it is an emergency especially during the nighttime hours)
- If you have lost a pet, CLICK HERE to see if we have it in care
- Spay/Neuter Programs to help Low-Income Families and Seniors
- SimcoeDHumane tries to help! When there's room will keep you posted
- CLICK HERE for more information on Clinics held by SimcoeDHumane
- Low Cost Wellness Clinics - Not in service at this time.
- Once a month 9:30am - 1:30pm at 24 Grigg Drive Simcoe we will be holding low cost Wellness Clinics with the support of Talbot Road Veterinary Services
- CLICK HERE for more information and to register for an appointment.
- Cruelty Calls ...
- Cruelty to any animal is not tolerated in Ontario. If you think an animal is in distress or is being abused, call: 1-833-9-ANIMAL (264625).
- LEARN MORE: https://www.mcscs.jus.gov.on.ca/english/AnimalWelfare/paws.html
- If you find an animal in Immediate Distress call the OPP 1 888 310-1122
- Have you found a deceased pet in your yard or on the road? It may be someone's pet! Vets and or SimcoeDHumane may be able to locate the owner by microchip ... please call ahead but yes, even if the animal is deceased it may have a chip and the owner may be located.
- Please remember that even if the animal is deceased, it cost SimcoeDHumane money to help ~ Your donation is so important to help the Society Help ALL animals!
© Copyright Simcoe and District Humane Society