Join our Team at SimcoeDHumane
3 Contract Positions StillAvailable - Please SHARE!
Government Funded Opportunity for persons 18 - 30
Interested in working for SimcoeDHumane and helping the animals?
Join our Team through Canada Summer Jobs.
Interested Candidates should send Resume and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: July 10, 2021
Successful applicants will be emailed with interview date and time which will be held on “Teams.” Training is online and then in person
Successful applicants will be on contract and involved in ALL aspects of Animal Care, Database Management, Health Care of Animals, Client Care, Shelter Maintenance and COVID-19 related Sanitation and Disease Control.
Excellent Opportunity for those interested in Animal Related Careers
As per our agreement with the Government of Canada priority will be given to local youth creating Jobs that give students meaningful skills development
Positions will be discussed at interview.
Computer skills and database knowledge an asset as digital skills and technology is a main part of this job. Use of computers, printers, smart phones, point of sale equipment, online web applications and other devices is 50 - 85% of this position.
Training on our programs and database will be provided.
Will need to understand the policies and procedures of animal care, kennel cleaning and will be expected to learn all aspects of Shelter Care, but must maintain good office protocols; answering emails and phone calls, receiving donations, facilitating intakes and adoptions of animals, and providing assistance to clients when needed.
Applicants should have the following abilities and skills:
- Excellent communication skills are essential
- Be organized, neat and have a good presence in the public.
- Computer skills a great asset (not necessarily just on the internet but in photography, video uploading, programming and data basing)
- Knowledge of Social Media
- Knowledge of Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel which will help in daily duties
- Be able to lift large bags of food and litter
- Must be able to follow instructions of care for animals
- Must not have allergies to animals, hay or other supplies or have allergies controlled
- Must have Driver's License, own vehicle or reliable transportation especially in emergency situations
- Must be able to work ALL hours of every Day and be on call if needed.
Applicants must also be prepared/have the ability to
- learn online and alone as initial training modules are self-directed.
- You will need a good internet connection and
- private computer/laptop to train and do work from home
AND send resume and cover letter to email@example.com by August 30, 2021
In Your Cover Letter Please let us know the following:
- that you are available August/September 2021 for a minimum of 12 weeks
- If your previous employment or education has been affected by COVID-19 and if you may be called back to attend
- Your Strengths or struggles: Self Motivation, reliability, love of animals, dealing with stressful situations, multi-tasking, organized, able to learn independently, ability to work with a team, allergies to animals
Please note: We will be looking at ALL applications from July 10 - 15, 2121
Training will start July 25 Start Date will be August or September depending on position and will run for a minimum of 12 weeks.
***Only applications which have all the necessary requirements will be looked at
***Only those invited for an interview will be contacted.
Thank you for your interest in a Contract position with SimcoeDHumane
24 Grigg Dr, Simcoe, ON N3Y 4L1
Interests and /or Field of studies would include: client care, computer and technology, Financial studies, Veterinary Technician, Veterinary Assistant or other animal care related studies.
© Copyright Simcoe and District Humane Society