Join our Team at SimcoeDHumane
1 Contract Position Available
Government Funded Opportunity for persons 18 - 29
Shelter Staff (Animal Care and Office Staff)
Simcoe and District Humane Society
- Contract Position - Averages 25 - 30 hours per week
- Animal Care is a 24 hour per day, 7 day a week operation. Successful applicant MUST have open availability and willingness to work any hours/shifts needed to ensure animal health and safety
- On call / emergency hours may be required on occasion
CA$14 - CA$15 / hour
Simcoe and District Humane Society is seeking mature, responsible and organized persons with a love for animals and respect the Welfare of Animals.
This is an animal care, client, service-based position, especially important to the performance of the daily duties at the shelter. Would suit a Self-motivated, reliable individual who has a love for animals and can deal with stressful situations, answering phone calls and emails, and multitasker in a workplace that changes everyday. This is not a normal office workplace and applicants should not expect to follow normal office protocols.
Computer skills and database knowledge is necessary as digital skills and technology is a main part of this job. Use of computers, printers, smart phones, point of sale equipment, online web applications and other devices is 85% of this position.
Training on our programs and database will be provided.
Will need to understand the policies and procedures of animal care, kennel cleaning and will be expected to support shelter and kennel staff if needed, but must maintain good office protocols; answering emails and phone calls, receiving donations, facilitating intakes and adoptions of animals, and providing assistance to clients when needed.
Applicants should have the following abilities and skills:
- Excellent communication skills are essential
- Be organized, neat and have a good presence in the public.
- Computer skills a great asset (not necessarily just on the internet but in photography, video uploading, programming and data basing)
- Knowledge of Social Media
- Knowledge of Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel which will help in daily duties
- Be able to lift large bags of food and litter
Applicants must also be prepared/have the ability to
- learn online and alone as initial training modules are self-directed.
- You will need a good internet connection and
- private computer/laptop to train and do work from home
- Driver's License and reliable transportation necessary that you may use at any time
Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by September 30, 2020
In Your Cover Letter Please let us know the following:
- that you are available October1 -February 2021
- If your previous employment or education has been affected by COVID-19 and if you may be called back to attend
- Your Strengths or struggles: Self Motivation, reliability, love of animals, dealing with stressful situations, multi-tasking, organized, able to learn independently, ability to work with a team, allergies to animals
Please note: We will be looking at ALL applications from September 26 – September 30
Training will start October 1, 2020
***Only applications which have all the necessary requirements will be looked at
***Only those invited for an interview will be contacted.
Thank you for your interest in a Contract position with SimcoeDHumane
24 Grigg Dr, Simcoe, ON N3Y 4L1
Interests and /or Field of studies would include: client care, computer and technology, Financial studies, Veterinary Assistant or other animal care related studies.
© Copyright Simcoe and District Humane Society