Fostering to Adopt During COVID-19
We Ask You To Help! Foster or Foster to Adopt so we have room to help more!
Adopting a Pet NOW Foster orFoster-to-Adopt
During this period will be "Fostering to Adopt" to ensure all our animals will be looked after during periods when essential services have shorter hours and limited resources. Our new pet parents and our pets are important and we want to make sure everything is just right!
Simcoe and District Humane Society is a non-profit, charitable organization Chartered in 1953, Performing Animal Welfare Services in and around Norfolk County since the early 1950's.
The Society is funded by fundraising efforts and donations from the community and relies solely on volunteers to work with the animals and raise the money for their care.
Drop by the shelter 11am - 3pm. (Closed Wednesday and by appoinment Sunday)
If you would like to visit our animals available for adoption after hours or on the weekends, please email adoptions@SimcoeDHumane or call during open office hours to set up an appointment.
Please bring a proper carrier with you to take your new furry friend home!
Donate today ... www.paypal.me/sdhs
Charitable Organization #: 119150282RR0001
Visit our Foster or Foster-To-Adopt Pets
Adoptable After this period
Keeping in line with mandated self-isolation, 6' between each person, and to limit touching articles Don't forget, during this period, we will only be "Fostering To Adopt".
At this time we do not have any animals in stores, and our foster homes are in self-isolation as we all our . Our adoptions are limited to online Foster-To-Adopt Events. Thank you for understanding!
It Takes a Village .....
See below for our Foster-To-Adopt Events
Our Foster Homes and volunteers always enjoy showing off their special friends!
Things you should know (please read our Pre-adoption Information available at store):
- If you are visiting one of our animals at a store or an event, you are still adopting pets from Simcoe and District Humane Society. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 519-428-9161 if you have any question about health records, previous conditions, or concerns.
- Most of our adoptable cats are eating Royal Canin foods which can be purchased at the store
- Most of our cats are using NON-Clumping, UNSCENTED litter and should remain on such until they are at least 1 year old.
- Your adoption may take up to 1/2 - 1 hour. Please allow time to fill out our paperwork.
- You will receive an email from SDHS regarding the pet's microchip registration and trial of insurance. This may take a few days to complete
- You must have a carrier to take your new furry friend home.
- We ask that you take your new furry friend to your Veterinary Clinic within 48-72 hours of adoption. All animals are deemed healthy and adoptable when they leave the shelter. SDHS cannot be responsible for conditions such as Upper Respiratory after they leave the shelter.
- Please check agreement if they need continuing care for a medical condition such as special food for history of UTI or Digestive upset.
CLICK HERE to view our next Foster-To-Adopt Available Animals
Note: At this time our animals will only be available for pick up at the shelter 24 Grigg Drive Simcoe during one of our foster pickup events.
- PetValu -160 Queensway East, Simcoe, ON, N3Y 2X3 Ph: (519)426-3709
- PetSmart - 1779 Stone Church Road East, Stoney Creek ON L8J 0B4 Ph: (905) 578-1428 most months
- PetSmart - 14 Martindale Crescent, Ancaster, ON L9K 1J9 Ph: (905) 648-9600
- Small Animals - PetSmart - 507 Lakeshore Rd E Mississauga, ON L5G 1H9 Ph: (905) 278-0101
Adoption Prices: (Prices may change without notice)
(All animals are health-checked, dewormed, flea treated, microchipped and vaccinated to date.
Kittens under 1 year Price $130.00 (spayed/neutered)
Cats over 1 year Price $50.00 - (spayed/neutered)
Puppies under 1 year $395.00 (spayed/neutered)
Dogs over 1 year $245.00 - (spayed/neutered)
Bunnies/Rabbits $100.00 (spayed or neutered)
Small Animals, Birds and large Animals (ask a volunteer)
Check back for Adopt-a-thon specials
Please bring a proper carrier, leash or cage with you to take your new furry friend home!